Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Daily Hand Lettered Phrase #1

I love type. I love hand lettered type. I want to develop some hand lettering skills.

So as I was thinking about this, I remembered that I need to just put one foot in front of the other and do it. Just practice. Continue to let my eyes take in the amazing hand lettered type pieces I find on Pinterest and other places online, and just make a commitment to DO it...to give it a try.

So, I decided to begin a new project. I am going to create and post a hand lettered phrase EVERY DAY. Some days, the phrase might only have two words. Some days it will be a scan of my sketchbook, somewhat sloppy, and so on. Some days it will suck. Some days it might be pleasantly surprising.

Today I'm posting the first one which I created today. I started it last night by simply using black ink on paper. I created a few before settling on this one. I almost posted the sketchbook page, but I decided to put my Illustrator/pen tool skills to work and recreate it as a vector.

Maybe this will become something wonderful in time! I just have to do it.

For short, these will be called: The Daily HLP


Here is The Daily HLP #1, May 19, 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment