Sunday, June 14, 2015

Gloria's Daily HLP #29, June 15, 2015: Some of my song lyrics

Song lyrics provide an endless supply of great phrases for this project. This lyric line happens to be from a song I wrote, recorded, published, and still play at live shows. The song is called, "Matters."

You can purchase it on Amazon (the entire record, CHARM, is available for digital download purchase, but you can purchase songs separately as well!).

You can also purchase it on CD Baby and other online stores. Just google G. Lee & Jet Blonde and you will have several options. (I used to go by "G. Lee" in the music world.)

Anyway, "Matters" happens to be one of my favorite songs from the CHARM record, so I hope you will also give it a listen (Amazon will let you listen to samples).

Okay, enough about that. Here is the simple line from the song that repeats many times!




Here are the lyrics for the entire song. Let's see if I can remember them accurately!

MATTERS
by Gloria Roubal, a.k.a. G. Lee

Come and see what I may reveal
If  you will let me
Come and hear when I ask you for it all
Come and see what I will display
In all my modesty
Come to me when I am broken

You're all that matters
You're all that matters
You're all that matters
You're all that matters
To me

I am reeling
From all my anticipation
I am helpless when confronted with your
Emancipation
I see you with me
Honestly I do
I see you loving me
If only I could see right through

You're all that matters
You're all that matters
You're all that matters
You're all that matters
To me

Are you indifferent about these words
Are you ambivalent about all you heard
Do I matter to you in the manner you do to me

You're all that matters
You're all that matters
You're all that matters
You're all that matters
To me



No comments:

Post a Comment