Thursday, July 16, 2015

Gloria Roubal's Daily HGT #61 July 16, 2015

Yesterday (or was it the day before?), I saw a photograph on Facebook of a baby elephant lying on his dead mother and weeping, grieving. I have been crying about it on and off ever since. It is horrific, unbearable. I've read that almost 100 elephants are killed every day by poachers. I feel so helpless.

One thing I can do is express this through my work. I used a photo from a great travel blog (I asked permission but haven't received a reply yet, so I will remove it from everywhere on the internet if the photographers request it), and I live-traced it and added effects, then placed my lettering on top of the image.

The photographers and their blog URL are on written on the bottom of the image.

Please help put an end to poaching in any way you possibly can. Don't ever buy ivory. Spread the word.

Thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment