Sunday, September 13, 2015

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #120

I can't remember how I discovered the amazing Lex Land, singer/songwriter/guitarist. I do remember when I heard a song by her and then ordered her CD, "Orange Days on Lemon Street," which came out in 2009. I can listen to that CD over and over again. I had no idea that she was on "The Voice" in 2012! And, she had songs on TV shows such as "Private Practice" and "One Tree Hill." I had no idea, but she deserves to have her songs heard, most definitely!

I don't know why, but I decided to just do a quick lettering exercise using her name, and this is the result. Simple, yet I kind of like it. It doesn't do her justice, however, in my opinion. Maybe some other time I'll do one with textures and intricacies with one of her lyrics or song titles. That would be more fitting.

Link to her song, "Could've Had Me"


No comments:

Post a Comment