Thursday, March 31, 2016

GLORIA ROUBAL'S WEEKLY LETTERING #5 - All is Not Lost

I guess I'm in a specific phase of lettering: creating some kind of dimension. It's really fun to do, and it's interesting to see how different types of letter forms look when I add this. I'm not going to worry about shadows and other nuances quite yet. I need to figure out a way to make this type of design more interesting first. It's getting there!

I like the positivity of the message. It's actually derived from a Coldplay song lyric, "Everything's not lost." Why does everyone seem to hate Coldplay, by the way? Admittedly, I haven't liked anything they've done since A Rush of Blood to the Head, but that was a damn good record, IMHO! Anyway, I make no apologies for what I like in art, music, movies, books, and so on. I like Coldplay. So there. Rant over. Well, it wasn't really a rant. But in any case...that is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment