Wednesday, August 12, 2015

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #88, August 12, 2015

I don't know why I was thinking of my favorite line from the movie, Mommie Dearest (and you probably won't understand why it's my favorite... it's because my friend Ken could "do" this line so perfectly!). My favorite line is, "Christopher... Christina... Damn it." It's the way she says it. The "coming-unravelled" slight shakiness in her voice, her inflection, the timing between the words...

So I probably thought of the line because I heard someone say the name Christopher or something. I couldn't get it out of my head. This is a brilliant film. Super disturbing, yes. But, I must enjoy being disturbed I guess because I tend to be drawn to these kinds of movies; not that I don't enjoy good non-disturbing dramas, comedies, documentaries, chick flicks occasionally, even (yes, guilty pleasure) the Twilight series. But I digress.

I wanted to create today's type phrase using this line from Mommie Dearest, but it just didn't make sense to use this particular line. Nobody would understand it! Well, Ken would. Suffice it to say that I chose probably the most well-known line from the movie. Even people who never saw the movie probably know the scene where Joan finds a wire hanger in Christina's closet and reacts with a psychotic melt-down freak-out violent outburst; this may be the scene that shows she is totally fucking insane. I decided to use wire hangers to form the letters. Hope you enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment