Sunday, August 30, 2015

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #106

Mushrooms. Some people love them and some hate them (to eat). I love them. I'm also fascinated by them. There are so many varieties, and so many that are used for medicinal purposes and... recreational purposes as well.

I came across an article in a health food magazine called Remedies for Life (September 2015 issue) which I picked up at one of my local health food stores. The feature article is about medicinal mushrooms, "Mushrooms: Fancy Fungi for Better Health," written by Maria Noel Groves. It was very informational! Groves discusses how different varieties of mushrooms are being used medicinally to help with cancer, arthritis, diabetes, longevity, energy, immune system diseases and allergies, respiratory and cardiovascular health, high cholesterol, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, the article isn't online, but here is a short article by the same author that might be useful if you are interested: http://coopbewell.blogspot.com/2014/09/fungi-with-benefits-mushrooms-for-food.html.

Anyway, this article, along with a cool photo I found on Unsplash.com, inspired my daily HGT phrase. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment