Sunday, August 2, 2015

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #78

Yes, the greeting card companies control the holidays, so to speak... but I don't care because I love reasons to celebrate people, animals, history, and much more. When I say celebrate, most of the time I mean acknowledge. I have to say I got excited when I saw somewhere that there is a National Chocolate Day! I created a type design for that immediately, even though it isn't until late October.

Anyway, I started seeing that August 2 is Friendship Day. That day is today.

Friendship is so very important. True friendship. A person is lucky to have even one true friend. I am so fortunate to have a true soulmate best friend with whom the bond we share is on the spiritual plane. I am also so lucky to have several true close friends. The love between true friends is unbreakable, unshakable, unmistakable!

So, friends old and new, near and far, close and more casual, young and old, related by blood or not, two- and four-legged... I wish you a very Happy Friendship Day.



(Note: The photo is one of me and two of my very first friends when we were three or four years old, probably taken by my mom!)








PS: Here is a reposting of the National Chocolate Day piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment