Sunday, October 4, 2015

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #142

I love animals. I love insects. I love life. I love a lot of people. Really love. I wish I could say I love people...period. I'm working on it. I really am. I believe that people are basically good, and I try to cultivate love for all people. Like I said, I'm working on it.

Anyway, people who devote their lives or just a part of their lives to rescuing animals are very, very special people. They are angels. I spent some time volunteering to drive for Mobile Mutts Rescue Transports. I knew I was helping make a difference in the lives of these dogs (and occasionally, cats). It was sometimes very emotional for me. It took a lot of my time. But I was very dedicated. I have also volunteered for other good animal organizations over the years of my adult life. When I went back to school two years ago, I no longer had the kind of time it took to do rescue transports, but I continued doing what I could to help animals, including sharing posts on Facebook and doing a little volunteer work for CATSNAP, cleaning cages and socializing cats that are up for adoption through CATSNAP and and are housed at Pet Supplies Plus. I started doing laundry on occasion for CATSNAP, and now I do all of the laundry. I keep thinking I should get back to signing up for shifts of socializing the cats. I don't know why I hesitate right now, but it all ebbs and flows. I'll get back to it. Right now, I know I'm helping a lot by just keeping the laundry clean every week.

Just today, I spoke to the founder of another great organization called Hospice Hearts. They re-home animals whose owners are sick, dying, or have died. I am going to redesign their logo (donate my services), which is wonderful for me. I hope I can design one that will contribute greatly to the organization's success. They are doing very important work.

I know so many rescue workers who seriously dedicate every spare minute to saving lives. They are tireless and dedicated. They give up their social lives and other parts of life to save the lives of animals in need. They spend every penny on gas or supplies... and they often have several animals of their own to care for. This phrase is dedicated to anyone who helps in any way to help animals, rescue animals, save lives, stop abuse and neglect... and so on. It's all so important. You are all angels.



No comments:

Post a Comment