Tuesday, November 17, 2015

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #186

I don't know when I first heard of or read Rumi, the 13th century Persian poet, Islamic jurist, and theologian. The wisdom of this spiritual man, who lived from 1207–1273, is vast and deep. So much (if not everything) I've read by him applies to the present. It is timeless and universally true, in my own opinion.

This quote is particularly pertinent to my life right now as well as to the lives of many people that I love.




























From Wikipedia:
Although Rumi's works were written in Persian, Rumi's importance is considered to transcend national and ethnic borders. His original works are widely read in the original language across the Persian-speaking world. Translations of his works are very popular in South Asian, Turkic, Arab and Western countries. His poetry has influenced Persian literature as well as Urdu, Bengali and Turkish literatures. His poems have been widely translated into many of the world's languages in various formats, and BBC News has described him as the "most popular poet in America".

No comments:

Post a Comment