Tuesday, December 1, 2015

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #200

JOY GIVER

Today I created my 200th daily hand generated type phrase! My plan is to keep going until I've reached one year, so that leaves 165 more. I can do that kind of simple math.

I decided that my phrase should have something to do with the number 200, and I found out some things about that number. One of those things is that it is considered a "Harshad" number. This means... Well, I'll just copy and paste from Wiki:

"In recreational mathematics, a Harshad number (or Niven number) in a given number base, is an integer that is divisible by the sum of its digits when written in that base. Harshad numbers in base n are also known as n-Harshad (or n-Niven) numbers. Harshad numbers were defined by D. R. Kaprekar, a mathematician from India. The word "Harshad" comes from the Sanskrit harį¹£a (joy) + da (give), meaning joy-giver. The term “Niven number” arose from a paper delivered by Ivan M. Niven at a conference on number theory in 1977. All integers between zero and n are n-Harshad numbers."


Interesting! Well, to me and a few others out there perhaps. :)

So there's your new word for the day. Yes, you'll receive joy, learn math, and increase your vocabulary if you stick with me, baby... 





No comments:

Post a Comment