Saturday, January 9, 2016

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #239

It certainly has been a rainy day! Pretty dreary. The kind of day that invites you to light some candles, curl up with a blanket (and cat or dog) and some hot chocolate, and read a book all day. Alas, I had put off going to the grocery store yesterday, so today I HAD to go. Oh well. I just got a little wet, that's all! It really was no big deal. And once I got home, I was able to stay home the rest of the day and evening. I did curl up, the way I described above, and read for a bit this evening.

Side note: The book I'm reading (rereading) is Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of An Owl and His Girl by Stacey O'Brien. I am participating in a genre study at work at the library, and the genre is animal stories! I absolutely LOVE animal stories, especially true stories. THIS book is so amazingly wonderful, as is the other book I'm rereading for the genre study, The Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton. If you enjoy reading animal stories, I highly recommend both of these!!!


      


Side note over.


The phrase was obviously a play on the song "Rainy Days and Mondays" by The Carpenters. In the song, the chorus line is, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." For me, Mondays are just fine for the most part... rainy days can go either way. If there are several rainy days in a row (especially with no sunshine), my mood is affected for sure. I'm working on not letting things like the weather get to me. There are lots of things I can do to combat the seasonal affect disorder symptoms I sometimes feel. I can turn on lots of lights, light candles, turn on some uplifting music, and do something productive or fun in the house. I can curl up with a good book or movie. I can meditate.

Today's rain was pretty intense and may turn into snow over the weekend, but it is what it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment