Friday, January 8, 2016

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #238

I find that the more I develop mindfulness awareness, the more I notice that I and others spend a great deal of time complaining, lamenting, dreading... finding things about which to be unhappy—or focusing on the negative.

Here in Champaign we have been very lucky this year regarding the severity of weather in the fall/winter so far. We've hardly had any winter to speak of! And snow, ice, and cold temperatures are predicted for the upcoming weekend. I'm not hearing many people complaining, but some are getting into the dread state of mind. (Mind you, the forecasts around here are 50% correct, at best.)

One of the things I'm really trying to do is focus on the positive as well as accept what is. It's January, for crying out loud! We're going to have winter weather! And as much as I have an aversion to freezing cold, ice, and high winds, there is BEAUTY in every season. That's why, when I came across this amazing photo of a winter scene on Unsplash.com, it was the perfect opportunity to express that thought.

I'm making a choice to focus on the beauty around me... to look for it... to appreciate it... to be in awe of it.

Just look around.



No comments:

Post a Comment