Wednesday, January 27, 2016

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #257

I love so many female singers. I love so many rock/pop/alternative bands from different eras. One band that was not on my radar when they were popular was an English pop band called The Sundays. The band put out three records from the late 80s into the 90s, and I have all of them. It wasn't until the late 90s when my friend and fellow singer/songwriter/guitarist Robynn Ragland introduced me to The Sundays via their first record, "Reading, Writing and Arithmetic," and I was hooked. What a unique sound! The combination of Harriet Wheeler's vocals with just one guitar track (at least much of the time on the first record), bass, and drums (David Gavurin, Paul Brindley, and Patrick Hannan) was magical.

While they did have a few hits, my favorite songs tend to be the little known ones (as is often the case).

Have a listen to a couple or all of the following! Hope you enjoy!

JOY

ANOTHER FLAVOUR

SHE

I WON

A CERTAIN SOMEONE

YOUR EYES



No comments:

Post a Comment