Thursday, January 14, 2016

GLORIA ROUBAL'S DAILY HAND GENERATED TYPE PHRASE #244

Still have David Bowie on my mind.

In fact, I bought his new CD today. I've listened to a good deal of it, and I really like it and find it interesting, especially in light of his likely mindset during the writing and recording of these songs.

However, I also find myself going back and listening to his older songs—the ones from the 70s and 80s that I have always loved.

The 80s for me (and lots of other people!) were definitely times of partying and good times; at least quite of bit of them were. I went out to bars a lot, particularly to hear live music but also just to go out with my girlfriends and have fun. I had a killer stereo in my car, and we often took my car for that reason. When I think of the music of that era, I always think of the song, "Let's Dance." It epitomizes the 1980s to me. Especially when cranked up loud!

So that song was my motivation for today's phrase.


No comments:

Post a Comment